Adobe Flash player is a software that helps view multimedia content online. AOL Desktop Gold is among the many desktop browsers that use Adobe Flash Player to stream audios and videos. Adobe Flash player is also important when it comes to using AOL Desktop Gold for gaming or creating graphics. After you download and install AOL Desktop Gold and if you find that certain videos do not load correctly or that certain games hang on specific websites then it indicates that there may be an error with your Adobe Flash player. Although most internet browsers have Adobe Flash player pre-installed, you will have to manually enable the plugin for particular websites. Apart from enabling the Adobe Flash player plugin, you should also make sure you are using the latest version of Flash Player. This article will give you an overview of how to update the software so that you can fix any AOL Desktop Gold Flash Player issues on your computer.
Steps to update Adobe Flash Player in AOL Desktop Gold
Whenever you encounter errors while using Adobe Flash Player, you should first check if you are using the updated software. Adobe will update the Flash Player software to fix bugs and to add new features to give you a better user experience. You can refer to the steps given below to update Adobe Flash Player in AOL Desktop Gold:
- Step 1: Open your browser and visit the Adobe Flash Player install page.
- Step 2: Under the ‘Step 1’ option, choose your operating system.
- Step 3: Select Adobe Flash Player 31 for Opera and Chromium (PPAPI).
- Step 4: Press the ‘Download Now’ option and download the updated file.
- Step 5: Save the Flash Player update file on your computer and proceed.
- Step 6: Go to your default downloads folder and open the Flash Player file.
- Step 7: Go through the prompts shown on the screen to finish updating Adobe Flash Player in AOL Desktop Gold
Once the update is complete, you should close all the programs and applications running on your system and restart AOL Desktop Gold to check if Adobe Flash Player is working. If the error persists then it is possible that the technical error is with your AOL Desktop Gold software and not with Adobe Flash Player. You should delete your current version and Download AOL Desktop Gold once again so that you get the latest version that is capable of running Flash Player. If you find that the error persists even after you complete the updates mentioned above you can call the AOL customer support number and speak to a certified software technician to see if you can implement more advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.