Download AOL Desktop Gold – Updating the software that you use is highly essential. By updating the software you would have a more advanced version of the software that you are already using. The core purpose of updating software is to make it more user-friendly, resolve glitches if there were any in the previous version. AOL Gold constantly keeps working on the security of their users and hence provide regular updates which would improve the quality of their software. AOL Gold has introduced the feature of Automatic update, which to a large extent saves time for the users and this function also ensures that the users are not caught up with any kind of hassles. But there have been times when users have come across with the issue in the feature of Automatic Updates. Then the users are required to manually update their software which is often not an easy task. This is a common error, which any user can come across. It gets a little more complicated when you are new to the functioning of AOL Desktop Gold. One of the major reason for users to come across this issue is because the automatic update feature has been disabled. Other reasons can be when there is some internal trouble with the software which is restricting the automatic updating of the software. It is also possible that your system has been infected with some kind of virus or malware which is causing this issue. This is one issue which can be solved without much assistance from the technical support team. Even if you have the basic knowledge of how to work on a computer would help you in solving this issue. By going through the complete blog you would be able to find the accurate ways to solve this issue. You can also connect with the AOL Desktop Gold Customer Support to know more in detail about this issue.
Steps to follow to rectify the update error
- Open the Windows menu bar and then search for the option of Update in the search bar.
- You would then get a list of options which is related to updating. Select the one which reads as ‘Windows Update’.
- Further move to the option of change settings, after it open select ‘Important Updates’.
- Now you would have to select the option which says ‘Install Updates Automatically’, ‘Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates’.
- After that, in the section of Install new updates, you would get two options one where you can select the day and one where you can select the time as per your convenience.
- You are also given the freedom to check on the box which says ‘Allow all users to install updates on this computer’
- Once you are done with these steps, save all the changes that you have made.
Once you have made all the necessary changes that have been given above, your operating system would automatically be able to install AOL Desktop Gold. If you find any issue in the process you should promptly connect with the AOL Desktop Gold Customer Service and avail their professional assistance.