With the new AOL Desktop Gold, the multitasking has never been easier. This new all-in-one desktop preserves the look and feel of AOL and gives users the added benefit of advanced security and automatic updates. Whether you have a passion for playing games or simply want to browse the internet, AOL Desktop Gold has you covered with the latest features and elements. AOL has done its best to incorporate customer feedback while designing the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold. But even though it has all these new and advanced features users may still face system errors or server problems. Sometimes, instead of spending time trying different troubleshooting steps it is best to uninstall and then reinstall AOL Desktop Gold onto your computer. You can uninstall the program using the control panel on your computer. Just click on the option to ‘Add or Remove Program’, search for AOL Desktop Gold and click ‘uninstall’. Below you will find some helpful tips on how to go about reinstalling the software.
Steps to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
Before you attempt to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold, you will need to ensure that all the system requirements are in place. Because the software has so many advanced features your computer needs to me some basic system requirements in regard to the RAM and processor speed apart from certain other specifications. Once the system requirements are in place you can go ahead with the steps given below:
- Open the official AOL Desktop Gold web page on your internet browser.
- Search for the download the link and download AOL Desktop Gold set up file.
- Once the download is complete, search for the file on your computer. It will most probably be in the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- When you locate the file, right click and run it as administrator. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to allow it to make changes to your system. Click ‘yes’ and continue.
- Then just proceed with the onscreen instructions to complete installing AOL Desktop Gold on your computer.
- Once you are done simply enter your login credentials and you are ready.
After you install AOL Desktop Gold you should be able to use all the features as you were using it before. But in case you have any issue, or in case you could not complete any of the step mentioned above you can speak to a customer care executive. A team of trained technicians is available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any issues that may arise when you are trying to reinstall AOL Desktop.
Read More: Install AOL Desktop Gold on Mac