AOL Desktop Gold can be seen as one of the leading desktop software which also provides the access to AOL emails. When it comes to the option of emailing, it is quite necessary that the users might have accounts in more than one email service. They can use them for their personal as well as business correspondence. Whenever any users make an account in AOL Desktop, they are also provided with the interconnectivity option, which means that you can merge the email with any other email service and use it from there. One of the options that can be used is to log in to the AOL Desktop Gold via Microsoft Outlook. You can easily access your AOL account while logging in to the Microsoft Outlook from any device. But sometimes, the users fail to login to the account and it leads to a login error. You need to make sure that you download AOL Desktop Gold from its official website, so that this error doesn’t occur. This blog will help you to fix this issue by hand. The main thing that you need to make sure is that you have a robust internet connection and both the accounts should be properly synced. In order to do so, you can implement the steps given below. And in case of any kind of technical assistance, you can reach out to the AOL Gold customer care number.
Here are the steps required to troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold Login Error in Microsoft Outlook
- Login to the Microsoft Outlook from your preferred device and move to ‘Account Settings’.
- Now, choose the option to ‘Add account’. Then checkmark on the space which says “Manual setup or additional server types”
- Choose the ‘IMAP or POP’ button
- Enter the server type information which has been given below after the window opens:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- Once configured, now provide with the AOL Desktop username and password
- Now you must click on the option which says, “More Settings tab and proceed to the ‘Outgoing Server’.
- Choose the button which says ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’
- Provide the following information that has been given below:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
Save the changes once they are done and carefully look at the server settings that you have implemented. Now try logging in to the AOL Desktop with the help of Microsoft Outlook. If the error stays unresolved or still there occurs any kind of difficulty, then you can uninstall the software and install AOL Gold again in the operating system or get in touch with Customer Support number without wasting any time.