One issue which the users of AOL desktop face are when they are unable to open AOL email on AOL Desktop. This is a common issue which is faced by the several users of AOL Desktop. This issue is often experienced when the user install AOL Desktop Gold on their system. The users can attain a clear understanding of this issue by going through this complete blog.
Steps to resolve this issue are:
The users can quickly solve this issue, which they have come across by taking up some straightforward steps. The steps that you would have to trail are:
The users would have to remove the PFC file for the affected Username
In this situation, it might be possible that the user’s PFC file may be permanently corrupted or even deleted accidentally and the users would then have to remove it from its default location for the mailbox to function correctly. The user would have to relocate the PFC file to the desktop, and the steps that they would have to follow are:
- Start by closing the AOL Desktop software which is running on their system.
- Now you would have to the right click on Start, move to the option of all programs after which they would have to click on the option of AOL and further into AOL system information.
- Then the users would have to open the Data
folder and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- If you are using the AOL 9.0 version or higher, then click on the AOL Software tab and choose the option of the open data folder.
- If you are using AOL 9.0 optimized, then you would opt for the Data Folder option.
- If you are using the AOL 8.0 Plus or an earlier version, then click on the option of the folder.
- Further, after you have opened the Data folder, the users would have to the right click on the username file which would have no extension and choose the option of Cut.
- Now you would have to close the Organize window as well as the AOL system information.
- You would now have to the right click on the desktop and then paste the file that you had earlier cut on the desktop.
- Once you have pasted the file on the desktop, access the AOL Desktop software as you would normally do and make sure that you do not sign in.
- Further, you would have to click in the file menu and choose the ‘Open’ option.
- Here the users would have to locate the ‘(Screenname).pfc.’ file from their desktop and after doing so click on the Open option to access their old PFC file.
This is an issue which the users come across once they download AOL Desktop Gold on their system. It is not a big issue which would need a lot of technical assistance. They users can take up the above-given steps, and it would be enough to overcome the matter in hand. Once the users have used the given steps, they would then overcome the problem of not being able to open AOL email in AOL Desktop.